This article details how to submit a successful support ticket. Submitting a ticket that will lead to a speedy resolution to your issue is an easy process and just takes just a few moments and some careful consideration.
To submit a ticket, you must first register for the Support Site. Information on how to register can be found here: How to Register for Solver Support.
If you are already registered, login and follow these steps to open a support ticket:
- From support.solverglobal.com, click Submit a Request in the upper right-hand corner.
- This will take you to a form where you can build your request. The more information you can provide, the faster our Support team can identify your issue and provide a resolution.
- CC (optional): here you can include the email address(es) of any other parties who would benefit from being included in the ticket correspondence.
- Subject: the topic of your request.
- Description: Go into as much detail as possible. Here are some examples of pertinent information that can help Support determine the cause of your issue:
- Who is the customer/user experiencing the issue?
- What is the name of the Tenant/Customer?
- What environment is the user in? e.g. Production, Demo, etc.
- Is the issue experienced by multiple users or just one?
- What version of Excel are you currently using and is it 32 or 64 bit?
- If your issue involves a report or input template, please attach the template.
- Is the issue on a new template/job/etc. or an existing one that was working fine before?
- Were any changes made recently?
- What version and build is the user on? (e.g. Private Host version 5.2.4)
- If there is an error being thrown, copy/paste the full message details.
- Describe the exact steps taken leading to the issue or error.
- Provide a video replication and/or screenshots if possible.
- Product Type: this information is vital to troubleshooting your issue.
- Product Version: this information is vital to troubleshooting your issue.
- Attachments: screenshots and video replications are extremely helpful for a speedy resolution to your issue.
To find the product type and version, login to the app/portal and click the down arrow by your name, then choose About:
A window will appear that shows the Product Type and Product Version:
Support can also be reached via phone and via email. However, submitting a ticket through the support site as described above is the best way to guarantee your request will reach Support and be handled in a timely fashion.
Once your request has been received, a Support agent will be assigned to your ticket. Further troubleshooting can then commence via email chain, screenshare, and/or phone.