Solver, Inc. provides a robust connector allowing customers to build an integration(s) from their Dynamics Finance and Operations (F&O) implementation to Solver Cloud. By utilizing this connector, customers can load and schedule a load of data into Solver, allowing their users of the Solver product to report and budget off their data.
This article will detail the requirements and steps to get up and running with the Solver connector for F&O.
Solver provides an extension, adding OData endpoints in your finance system. It is recommended to install this extension. At this time, please reach out to Solver Support (email@example.com) to get this extension.
A couple notes on this extension
- It can take up to 1 hr to deploy this extension. Please work with your IT to deploy this extension prior to using the Solver connector for F&O
- This extension is installed at a per environment level. So if you have a Dev, Sandbox and Production site, it must be installed in all three environments if each environment is to be connected to Solver.
Solver Support cannot support installing, configuring or expanding the capabilities of data entities. Please work with your Finance developer on these tasks.
The Solver connector users the following technologies
- TLS 1.2
- Azure AD (OAuth)
Additionally, Solver uses a “cross-companies=true” attribute, allowing the Solver connector to bring in all data of your Finance implementation. Add filters on your integrations (dataAreaID) to limit data load to a specific entity.
Prior to running the Solver connector to F&O, please make sure the following is available.
- Solver Cloud only. The D365 F&O connector is not available for PH customers.
- A user with access to log into F&O
- Your organization’s F&O URL
- Enable the setting in your browser to allow popups for the Solver Cloud URL
(us.app.solverglobal.com), this is required for authentication purposes.
Connecting Solver to your D365 F&O site is straightforward. From within the Solver Cloud application
- Navigate to Data Warehouse > Data > Integrations > Add new
- Click on the D365 Finance and Operations connection and click Create Manual. The blue checkmark in the upper right-hand corner of the tile indicates it is available.
- The first step is to Authenticate, Click the Yellow button
- You will be prompted for your Finance URL, type this in and click Authenticate.
- You may be prompted to approve the Solver application to allow access to read user data from your AD, this is required in order for Solver to pass-thru the authentication process, which is happening against your Azure Active Directory
- The authentication button may take some time (10 -30 sec) to become active
- Once active, click Connect and you have successfully created a connection between your F&O install and Solver Cloud.
The speed at which data is loaded into Solver via the Solver D365 Finance connector relies on the number of processors and ram allocated to your Finance install. Large data uploads (250,000+ transactions) should require a review of the performance allocated to your Finance installation.
Please talk with your Finance consultant about this, Solver does not consult on these specifications.
For General Ledger Data, assuming you have installed the Solver Extension
|Data Definition||Finance Endpoint||Comment|
|GL Detail||SolverGeneralJournalAccountEntries||Filter for Type = Operating|
|Beginning Balanace||SolverGeneralJournalAccountEntries||Filter for Type = Opening|
|Budget||BudgetRegisterEntryLines||BudgetModels found in BudgetRegisterHeaders|