When opening a Solver (formerly referred to as BI360) report, the fields that have been dragged into the report appear as #NAME. This excel error may also appear when you run the report and no data appears.
- The steps documented in this KB article are applicable to Solver Cloud, Private Host and the 4x application
This is happening because a component of the Solver addin is not loading properly
- Please note the version of the Excel adding you have installed. This can be found in the About menu within the Excel ribbon
- Make sure you have the Report Designer installer. Please contact Solver Support if you do not have this installer.
The steps documented in this article modify your Computer's registry. The registry is a sensitive component of you computer.
- Please review this article with you IT
- Please ensure you make a backup of the Entire Registry before making these changes. Also, these registry changes need to be made by IT personnel who is familiar with Registry changes. If you are not familiar with these steps, please contact Solver Support.
Perform a reinstall of the application. Steps to reinstall the Report Designer can be found here.
If the reinstall does not fix the issue, most likely the registry key is not getting created properly. Attached (at the bottom of this kb article) are 3 zip files, identified by the version of the Solver application you have installed and the Office version installed.
The below steps require administrative permissions on the Computer
- Make sure Excel is closed
- Download the appropriate zip file
- Extract its content
- Double Click the .reg file.
- 2 or 3 prompts may appear on your computer
- Prompt 1: Provide credentials to your computer
- Prompt 2: Approve the execution of the reg file on your computer
- Prompt 3: Successful completion of the registry update
After completing the steps, launch the report and it should load properly.
3. Save to Desktop
4. Double-click to update the Registry
This change allows you to use OSR functions in Excel.