This article details how to perform a silent or unattended installation. This can be setup to install BI360 Data Warehouse Manager and Reporting. The installation can be done through a batch file or scripted using login scripts though this article does not provide details on scripting the installation.
- The steps below require some level of coding knowledge. Please consult with your IT before performing these actions.
- These steps apply to BI360 4x only.
As a best practice, it is recommended to create a folder that contains the installation file(s), the batch file and the configuration file.
- NOTE: A special version of the installer is required for silent installs, please contact Solver Support.
- NOTE: while silent installations are achievable, Solver Support does not support in the configuration of this as there are many variables (ie: deployment software) when deploying an installer silently that are not related to Solver.
You will need to get the installation files, please submit a request to Solver for the version you need.
- The batch file will execute the installation files and references the configuration file.
- The configuration file (ini) will ensure that the files are installed in the correct location and apply a license key that is needed during this setup
The Setup.bat file is used to start the installation which references a configuration file. Change the Setup.bat file to match the name and location of the installer and configuration file.
The “Config” folder should be created within this BI360 Setup folder as well. The config.ini file will be placed inside this folder. To create an .ini file, simply open Notepad and copy the following. After the information has been completed, save the file as a “MS ini file”.
- SIM: True = install/False = do not install the Planning component
- SODS: True = install/False = do not install the Data Warehouse Manager
- Publisher: True = install/False = do not install the Planning Office Publisher
- Language: English (Currently is the only language available)
- SerialNumber: Enter the BI360 Planning or Data Warehouse License Key
- UserCompany: Registered Company
- Allusers: True = install for all users that log in/False = only install for current user installed
- Repository Server: Reference the SQL Server
- OfficeBitness: Define the Office bit version that Planning will be installed on, 32 or 64
Once the folder has the setup.bat and config.ini configured as well as the installation file(s), run the batch file as administrator and the installation will execute. Attached to this article are two examples of the config.ini file and the setup.bat file. The examples are a template since there are many different configurations to consider. The batch file is configured for a 64 bit computer. To run the batch file, edit the file location to the location on the user's computer and modify the installation files to the specific file name.
Note: For BI360 Reporting 4.5+ in order to install BI360 Administration Tool, the user will need to manually execute the BI360 Reporting installation file. By default, the application does not install BI360 Administration Tool. Since there are many ways to configure the setup, any customization will not be supported.
***This video contains no sound***
BI360 Reporting and Data Warehouse 4.xile config.ini