One great feature of Solver is to be able to create Line Item Detail transactions describing a summary transaction. The user then has the ability to create reports that bring in this line item details. This KB article will describe how to report off Line Item Details (LIDs).
- While this article is in the Solver Cloud and Private host section, these steps also apply to the BI360 4x product.
The following details how to reporting off line item details in Version 4.0+. To report off line item details look for the Line Item Details factset of the module where the data should be found. Below is based off the Solver Corporate Demo.
If the Line Item Details factset does not exist, then please close out of Excel completely and reopen it. If this does not return the LIDs factset, then the SQL view has not been created and needs to be created. To create the view, please follow the instructions found here. This factset only appears once a LID is created.
- Drag in the necessary fields, typically this will be account, Description and Monthly Amount from the General Ledger Summary module.
- In the row below it, drag in TransactionID, RowDescription, Row Comment and LID Value. Create a selection grouping on the row. Make sure that LID Value aligns with your Monthly Amount from the GL. You will want to group on on the TransactionID to show each individual LID row. It is not necessary to group on the Row Description or Comment
- Drag in Period above the the measure and set and Selection Group on the row. Set a function on the column for this year all.
- Create a nested expansion by dragging the selection group for the top row down one cell.
- Your inner grouping needs to be filter for just Category 'LID'. Add this filter.
- Run the report to view the Summary and LID values.