BI360 Reporting connects to Active directory to allow Windows authenticated users to use BI360. For environment that is not part of the domain, the users need to be added manually in the Reporting Administration Tool as workgroup\username.
Below steps will provide information on how to setup non-domain users on Administration Tool to be able to use BI360.
- Open Reporting Administration Tool by going to Start Menu > All Programs > Onestop Reporting.
- Go to the User management in Administration Tool Security Management.
- Under the users section on the right, type in computername\username under user name
- Provide an email address and also set authentication to Windows.
- Additionally, a Onestop Authenticated user also need to be created as the software does not recognize the slash in computername\username. For example, a windows user called computername\username is added and now add another user with just username and the authentication will be onestop. Password for that user needs to be created as well as email address.
- If security in Access Management is used then just onestop authenticated user without slash will need to be added.
- Under Application Management, the computername\username user will need to be assigned to the application.
- When using the application the users will choose this OneStop user for authentication purposes.
- If non-domain users are going to be using the application, then the Data Connection to the database will need made using SQL authentication and not Windows authentication.
Applies to: BI360 Administration 4.x