Report publisher allows user to log into the application as either Windows Authentication or the Admin account. When user logs in as Windows Authentication and schedules a job to email or to folder, the job fails if the user logs off from the computer where publisher is installed.
Report Publisher job fails with logged in as Windows Authentication to Report Publisher. When logged in as the Admin account, it works fine.
It can be caused by many things. Please verify the steps in Resolution section to ensure the environment is setup properly for Report Publisher to run successfully.
Following are steps that needs to be verified to ensure the environment is setup properly.
- Ensure the folder call "Desktop" is created with read/write access at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile AND C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile
- Ensure the Report Publisher job in task scheduler is running has the "Run with highest privileges" check marked.
- Ensure the parameters in a subscription are not left blank.
- If none of the steps above works then delete the subscription and recreate it.
If none of the options above work then you need to log into Report Publisher as Onestop Admin account as that will definitely work.
- Report Publisher 3.x and higher