In order to create a report that will expand into multiple worksheets tab, the user needs to create the report in two spreadsheets. One with the sheet per value and one without the sheet per value.
The following steps will help produce multi-tab report.
NOTE: The user will need to be familiar with designing reports and creating parameters before performing these steps.
- Create a report with the parameter for a dimension you will need to be expanded into multiple worksheets.
- Copy this report by right clicking on the worksheet tab, go to onestop reporting and click on Copy.
- Right click on the same worksheet tab, go to onestop reporting and click on Paste as new. This will create another worksheet that is duplicate of original report.
- On the duplicate report, go to the layout editor and create a new parameter for the same dimension that will be expanding to multiple worksheet tabs. When creating this new parameter, ensure the "Create sheet per value" is selected. Sheet name field that will be displayed when the report expands into multiple worksheet tabs can be selected by clicking on the look up glass at the bottom of parameter wizard.
- Ensure the second worksheet has new parameter chosen for that specific dimension.
- If any of the parameter needs to be hidden or reference one parameter to another parameter then please refer to References section below.
For parameter referencing another parameter then please refer to white paper "BI360 White Paper: Parameter Reference in a Parameter".
Click on the link below to go directly to the white paper.
- BI360/Solver Reporting 4.x, 5.x, Cloud