The attached document lists new features, enhancements and bug fixes found in this version of Solver Private Host, including upgrade documentation. Please review this document before proceeding with the upgrade to this version. Below is a summary of the material attached in this document.
Note: this upgrade involves database changes, please take backups of your database before proceeding with the upgrade. Solver Support offers assisted installation as well.
- Data Warehouse Permissions
Please see the Data Warehouse section for more information on this feature
- Authentication Policies for User Logins
This version of Private Host introduces authentication policies for users logging in using Portal Authentication. While existing passwords will work, new user registration in the portal and password resets will adhere to the following:
- If you are using the internal user authentication, users will now be temporarily locked out after five failed login attempts. The lockout will be removed after a 30 minute waiting period. However, requesting a password reset from the login page can restore access without waiting.
- Password requirements have been updated. Solver follows the National Institute of Standards and Technology(NIST) guidelines. And specifically, the guidelines outlined in NIST Special Publication 800-63B.
- The minimum password length is 8 characters and may not be similar to a database of common passwords.
- Notification of License expiration
Customer and Tenant administrators will now see a new warning banner when your license is set to expire within the next 60 days. The banner will change to red within 14 days of expiration.
- User Profile Pictures
In this version of Private Host, users can upload a user profile picture from their user control panel.
- Expanded Help menu product information.
We have worked to expand and update the product information from the Help button located in the upper right-hand corner
- Change Ownership:
This version of Private Host introduces the ability to change the owner of reports, budget templates, report packages and categories within your Private Host install. This feature is available to anyone who has “can manage users and licensing” permissions. To change the ownership of reports
- From the Settings Administration screen, select the user who currently owns reports.
- By the user’s name there will be the option to change owner.
- Upon clicking this option, a detailed list of the reports, budget templates and categories that this user created appears. Select the user that you wish to reassign these items to and click Transfer.
- New license assignment model
This version of Private Host introduces the following license changes
- Budgeting menu: Live Reporting users can now have direct access to the Budgeting menu via the license configuration page. The Budgeting menu was previously reserved for Designer users and Assignments were used for user data entry. With this new option, an organization can decide whether users should enter budgets, forecasts, and other data from the Assignments menu and/or if users should directly access the templates from the Budgeting menu. The license count has been removed for the Budgeting license. Please note that you must enable a Live Reporting license to enable the Budgeting license.
- Publisher recipients: Solver now offers an unlimited number of Publisher recipients. Recipients must be configured as a user and applicable data access privileges can be configured. Every user within Solver can receive a Publisher email containing reports configured for that Publisher job.
- Workflow: Similar to the Budgeting menu, when a Live Reporting user has Budgeting enabled on the license screen, the user will now also have access to configure the Workflows from the Workflow menu.
- The Assignments and Publisher Recipients license are no longer found on the license page. All Live Reporting users continue to have access to Assignments when the Budgeting feature is purchased. All users are automatically included as Publisher Recipients.
Below is a matrix of the new license model.
Below is a screenshot of the new license assignment screen.
- Move Get Data to Settings menu
As an improved user experience and to reduce potential confusion, since setting up data connections is considered a “Setting”, the Get Data menu option has been moved and renamed to “Data Connections”, found in the Settings menu.
- Add support for German throughout the application.
From within your User Profile, users are now able to select German as an option.
There are no bug fixes related to Administration found in this version of Private Host
- Data Warehouse Permissions
- This version of Private Host introduces Data Warehouse permissions to control user actions within the Data Warehouse application
- Note: data access security is not inherited in the Data Warehouse.
- The following permissions are available for the Administrator to assign.
- Can delete transactions: Enable this permission to give users the ability to delete transactions from Data Explorer.
- Can edit configuration: Enable this permission to give users the ability to add/modify/delete modules, dimensions, and attributes as well as modify module schema.
- Can edit dimension members & trees: Enable this permission to give users the ability to edit (add/modify/delete) dimension members and related trees. This includes the Currency dimension and related currency menu.
- Can edit integrations, rules & jobs: Enable this permission to give users the ability to edit (add/modify/delete) data integrations, rules, and jobs.
- Can run integrations, rules & jobs: Enable this permission to give users the ability to execute (run) data integrations, rules, and jobs manually.
- File Import (excel) connector
- We have added support for Excel (xls, xlsx) and Macro enabled files (XLSM)
- The new file connector is also available through the Gateway client. To access the new connector, you will need to download and install the latest version of Gateway from the marketplace.
- New Period Wizard
- This version of Private Host introduces a new period wizard designed to be simpler to use, yet more flexible to accommodate the complexities that can occur with fiscal calendars. The new wizard still supports both fiscal and standard calendars, but also adds in expanded support for “one off” fiscal years that were more difficult to configure in the pervious menu.
Further details of this feature can be found on the support site.
- Ensure Upsert operates properly for dimension tasks
- The Upserts option for Integration dimension task was not operating properly and could lead to longer than expected dimension loads. The underlying operation has now been updated to do the following to dimensions codes being provided by the source data set.
- Update existing
- Insert new
- Improve error messages on integration failure
- This version of Private Host introduces improved error messages for some of the most common integration issues to help users self-troubleshoot.
- Support copy+paste work on dimension list view
- In this version of private host, users can copy + paste a change from an above cell in the dimension list view to other dimension codes. This is useful when performing such actions as bulk account category updates.
The following issues have been addressed in this version of Private Host.
- Period dimension list does not pick up user’s regional setting.
- Period generation calculates FYQuarter and Quarter label wrong.
- Dimension lookups in Data Explorer are not sorted by Code.
- PowerBI External API can reach max threshold with certain data sets.
- Integration and Job status indicator stops showing when leaving page and returning.
- Reordering Integration tasks does not work.
- Data Explorer “
- Emails entered with a carriage returns (new line) in Job Scheduler result in user not getting job notification.
- Improve loading speeds when user has a large number of dimension codes.
- Edits to filtered dimension lists do not work.
- Exports from Data Explorer should inherit and filters applied.
- Exports of large data sets from data explorer could result in error.
- Ensure CSV imports support all special characters.
- Jobs do not display the correct next run date/time.
- Total in data explorer can be shifted.
- Integration Customization Tool
- Available within the Private Host download, users can download and install the Integration Customization tool
- Make Report Rendering service utilized 64bit processing when available.
- Storage can fail when LIDs and Force Store are used.
- In addition to an application update, this requires an integration update from Settings Administration
- Merge cells across columns do not display correctly.
- Replace cut values with ###: Values longer than column width cut off the number. This fix sets the entire value to #### to match how it appears in Excel.
- Percentages appear differently between Excel and Portal. This fix will ensure the percentage format matches between Excel and Portal.
- The number format in Excel appears different in the Portal.
- The calculation may differ from Excel to the portal if the value contains a decimal separator.
- Traffic lights too big when having cells with a smaller font.
- Accounting format issue in Portal where trailing zeroes after the decimal pointer is removed.
- The Portal is stripping 0’s from input cells.
- Center across columns is not supported in the web at this time.
There are no new Publisher features found in this version of Private Host.
- Ensure Publisher service utilize 64bit processing when available.
There are no bug fixes for publisher addressed in this version