Some users experience an Error loading report in Excel
Cloud and PH which references Authentication failed. Please try again. Base URL: https://cloud.bi360.com/Request URL: /api/portal/launcher/authenticate
Authentication Failed. Please Try Again
The error message mentions System.Net.TlsStream.CallProcessAuthentication .This message could appear due to different reasons. One of the reasons can be wrong tls-version. Since January we do need tls-version 1.2 and if you are running Win7 you need to explicitly set a setting in registry for the server to use TLS 1.2.
But this error could also indicate that a proxy or firewall is used and blocking requests.
1. In Excel, Click OK on the error and then go to BI360 Reporting tab in ExcelOptions.
2. Ensure that the correct URL is set on Private or Cloud portal by going to Setting System settingsGeneral Portal URL within the Web Portal. Make sure this URL matches with the portal URL you are browsing to.
3. Please reboot the machine, then try editing a report again.
4. If you are using running Windows 7 attached is the TLS registry file.
5. Download attached Zip File
6. Click the TLS registry file
7. Test to confirm that the error does not occur.
Applies to: Solver Cloud and Private Host