Web Portal is returning the following error.
"Rendering failed Corrupt OpenXML document. (FaultException '1)"
Following are some scenarios where this error above is returned.
- We have some issues with supporting Excel 2013 and Excel 2016 on older versions of the portal. (BI360 Portal 4.6.50203 and older).
- When trying to open/run a report in BI360 Portal.
Below are causes of each of the scenarios above in same order.
- The issue is due to the BI360 Portal version 4.6.50203 and older which has some issues with supporting Excel 2013 and Excel 2016.
- The user is getting this error message because the report is password protected and the Portal does not support Excel password protected files.
Below are resolution of each of the scenarios in the symptoms section in the same order.
- To mend this, users can retrieve the form they are trying to upload by opening and saving in a previous version of Excel i.e. Excel 2010, and then uploading to the Portal. If the user has Excel 2013 or 2016 installed, it is recommended to upgrade to the latest version of both Reporting and Portal (4.6.6). Please note that when upgrading to the latest version of both Reporting and Portal, all users who use Reporting will have to upgrade as the repository will be upgraded during this process and users on any older version will get an error regarding compatibility.
- Unprotect the BI360 Report in Excel and re upload the report to the BI360 Portal.
- BI360 web portal 4.x