The entire BI360 Suite consists of three different modules:
- BI360 Reporting,
- BI360 Planning &Data Warehouse,
- BI360 Web Portal.
BI360 Planning and Web Budgeting are two different modules. BI360 Planning is an Excel-only, budgeting application while Web Budgeting allows for users to save data from the Web Portal. While the process to create a report is the same, the process to create budgeting settings is different between the two.
Each module has its own respective applications, and each application requires their respective licenses for application access.
In this KB, we explore the different types of licenses and what they are used for.
NOTE: This KB focuses on the license names being used in the application. Should you have any questions in regards to the license name on the order form, please contact your Solver Sales Representative.
BI360 Reporting and Web Portal
In the BI360 Administration Tool, administrators (Power Users) can grant or deny access to different applications in the BI360 Reporting suite and BI360 Web Portal for individual users in their network. There are a total of 7 types of licenses in both modules.
- Report Designer: Also known as Power Users, with this license Power Users can design reports, run/generate reports, view reports and drill down to underlying detail in the BI360 Reporting Excel add-in.
(If combined with the Budgeting (web-based) or Planning (Excel-based budgeting) license, Power Users will have the capability to define budget storage in BI360 reports, which makes the BI360 report a budget template)
- Player: Also known as End Users, with this license End Users can run reports, view reports and drill down to underlying detail in the BI360 Reporting Excel add-in.
- Composer: The Composer can be used to create ‘ad-hoc analysis reports’ for on-the-fly insight. It can also be used as a wizard to quickly build unformatted reports that can be exported into Excel-based templates to be further formatted and refined using BI360 Reporting.
- Publisher: The Report Publisher is a report scheduling and distribution application. Users with this license can set up one or many reports to be run on a scheduled basis and automatically distributed to specific users by e-mail or to be placed in a shared network location (BI360 Web Portal's Document Library, Network drive, SharePoint, etc.). It also includes the ability to choose different "output" formats for the generated reports (Excel, html, PDF, etc.).
- Dashboard Designer: Users with this license can create interactive Dashboard in the web portal.
- Budgeting: Users with this license can run reports, enter and save back data through a budget template in the web portal.
BI360 Planning & Data Warehouse
The BI360 Data Warehouse Manager is a configurable data warehouse solution. The database is fully integrated with BI360 Reporting and Planning, which enables immediate access to advanced Excel based reporting capabilities. The Warehouse is packaged with a simple to use desktop interface to configure and manager the Data Warehouse.
The Administration Tool and the Data Warehouse Manager are two different applications. In the Administration Tool, Administrators have the ability to grant users licenses to use the BI360 Reporting Excel add-in and the web portal, each license has their own respective license count and cannot be assigned to unlimited users. In the Data Warehouse Manager, the Administrators can grant users license to access the BI360 Planning add-in and the Data Warehouse Manager application. Administrators can add and assign license to as many users as they want.
There are two roles that can be defined in the Data Warehouse Manager: Planning User/Admin and Warehouse User/Admin
- Planning User: Access to BI360 Planning from Excel except for the Admin Panel.
- Planning Admin: Full access to BI360 Planning in Excel including the Admin Panel.
- Warehouse User: This role grants access to the Data Warehouse Manager application.
- Warehouse Admin: This role grants access to the Data Warehouse Manager and the Administrator menu.