This article explores the different license types for the BI360 4.x suite. Each module has its own respective applications, and each application requires their respective licenses for application access.
NOTE: This article focuses on the license names being used in the application. Should you have any questions in regards to the license name on the order form, please contact your Solver Sales Representative.
- More Information
BI360 Reporting and Web Portal
In the BI360 Administration Tool, administrators can grant or deny access to different applications in BI360 Reporting and BI360 Web Portal for individual users in their network.
- Report Designer: With this license, users can design, run, and view reports as well as drill down to underlying detail in the BI360 Reporting Excel add-in. When combined with a Budgeting (web-based) or Planning (Excel-based) license, users can also design input templates by defining budget storage settings, which can be used to save back data to the Data Warehouse.
- Player: With this license, users can run and view reports as well as drill down to underlying detail in the BI360 Reporting Excel add-in.
- Composer: This can be used to create "ad-hoc" analysis reports for on-the-fly insight. It can also be used as a wizard to quickly build unformatted reports that can be exported into Excel-based templates to be further formatted and refined using BI360 Reporting.
- Publisher: This is a report scheduling and distribution application. Users with this license can set up one or more reports to be run on a scheduled basis and automatically distributed to specific users by e-mail or to be placed in a shared network location (BI360 Web Portal's Document Library, Network drive, SharePoint, etc.). It also includes the ability to choose different "output" formats for the generated reports (Excel, html, PDF, etc.).
- Dashboard Designer: Users with this license can create interactive Dashboards in the web portal.
- Budgeting: Users with this license can run reports, enter and save back data through a budget template in the web portal.
BI360 Planning & Data Warehouse
The BI360 Data Warehouse Manager is a configurable data warehouse solution. The database is fully integrated with BI360 Reporting and Planning, which enables immediate access to advanced Excel-based reporting capabilities. It is packaged with a simple to use desktop interface to configure and manage the Data Warehouse.
The Administration Tool and the Data Warehouse Manager are two different applications. In the Administration Tool, Administrators have the ability to grant users licenses to use the BI360 Reporting Excel add-in and the web portal, each license has their own respective license count and can only be assigned to that number of users. In the Data Warehouse Manager, the Administrators can grant users license to access the BI360 Planning add-in and the Data Warehouse Manager application.
There are two roles that can be defined in the Data Warehouse Manager: Planning User/Admin and Warehouse User/Admin
- Planning User: Access to BI360 Planning from Excel except for the Admin Panel.
- Planning Admin: Full access to BI360 Planning in Excel including the Admin Panel.
- Warehouse User: Access to the Data Warehouse Manager application.
- Warehouse Admin: Full Access to the Data Warehouse Manager and the Administrator menu.