Users can adjust the parameters to use wildcards at runtime. This is a useful technique to filter data, for example to find certain accounts in AccountString. Below demonstrates how to use the filter given a wildcard.
1. Create a report with a measure and a Dimension expanding by row.
2. Go to the row in Layout editor to view the dimension.
3. Go to the Operator and change it to Like.
Setup in Parameter Wizard
Here is the process to use the like command.
1. Go into the Report Parameters module and choose to edit the parameter.
2. Change the caption to instruct the users on what to do.
3. Run the report with a B and see that it doesn’t return results.
4. Type in like command % after the B and it will bring in all records that start with B.
5. Type in a Like Command in Front and and a record with a B will return.
6. You can also go into the Dimension lookup and choose any record that you want.
That concludes parameters with a wildcard.
- Report Designer 4.x and 5.x