This article gives step-by-step instructions for how to adjust parameters to use wildcards at runtime. This is a useful technique to filter data to, for example, find certain accounts in AccountString.
Note: Underscores are not currently supported.
Below demonstrates how to use the filter given a wildcard:
- Create a report with a Measure and a Dimension. Create a new selection group on the Row.
- Go to the row in Layout Editor to view the dimension.
- Change the operator to Like.
Setup in Report Parameter Wizard
Below is the process to use the Like command:
- Click Report Parameters in the OneStop Reporting or Solver Reporting ribbon and click the Edit Parameters button.
- Change the Prompt to instruct the users on what to do.
- Run the report with a B and see that it doesn’t return results.
- Type in Like command % after the B and it will return all records that start with a B.
- Wrap the B with Like command % and all records containing a B will return.