This article details how to import data into the Data Warehouse through Data Explorer.
- Locate the Excel file that you wish to import. Make sure that the column headers are correct and the data is correct. To ensure this is correct, we recommend exporting a set of data and using that sheet as the template for import. Simply edit the rows below the headers.
- In the Data Warehouse Manager, go to the Data Explorer and click the Import Data button on the top left of the window.
- In the resulting window, locate the Excel file by clicking on the Browse button. Make sure that the Excel file is not open when doing this.
- Check "The first row contains column headers" if the Excel sheet has column headers. If the Excel sheet does not have headers, uncheck this box. Then click Next.
- On this screen, you will need to ensure that all necessary source columns are matched to available columns in the module. Drag the column name from the Available Module Columns to the Destination columns. The columns Created On, Created By, Updated On, and Updated By are not able to be mapped. They are written in during the import by the program. Once all columns are mapped, click Next.
- This screen is a preview of what the data will look like in Data Explorer after it has been imported. It also shows the number of rows about to be imported. If it looks correct, click Import to import the data.
Data Warehouse 4x