When running into an error or issue in the Data Warehouse Manager it is best to capture the back end application activity and attach when creating a ticket with Solver Support.
- Application logging was available in BI360DW 4.5+. Older versions of the DW do not have this options
Steps to enable logging in 4.5
- Open Notepad as Administrator
- Click File > Open and browser to C:\Program Files\Solver BI360\Warehose Manager
- Make sure that File type = All is selected
- Find BI360DWM.exe.config and open this file
- Scroll thru the file and find the line IsLoggingEnable and set this to True. Save the file.
- Recreate the issue in DWM
- Go back to the Log file and set isLoggingEnabled back to False.
- Provide the log file to Solver Support
Steps to enable Data Warehouse Manager logging for 4.6+
- Connect to the Data Warehouse Manager >Info >Settings
- Set the 'Data Warehouse - Write Log' to True.
- If you are experiencing a Connector issue, set Integration -Write Log to True
- Re create the issue or error.
- Copy the error log from C:\ProgramData\Solver BI360\Warehouse Console\BI360DWMLog.txt and send it to Solver Support.
- Go back into the Data Warehouse Manager and set the 'Data Warehouse - Write Log' back to False. If you don't do this then it will slow down the Data Warehouse Manager application because the log will always be running.
Provide this log file to Solver Support to assist in troubleshooting
- Data Warehouse 4x