When running into an error or issue in the Data Warehouse Manager it is best to capture the back end application activity and attach when creating a ticket with Solver Support. Application logging was available in BI360DW 4.5+. Older versions of the DW do not have this options and this article details how to enable it.
Steps to Enable Logging in Version 4.5
- Open Notepad as Administrator
- Click File > Open and browser to C:\Program Files\Solver BI360\Warehose Manager
- Make sure that File type = All is selected
- Find BI360DWM.exe.config and open this file
- Scroll thru the file and find the line IsLoggingEnable and set this to True. Save the file.
- Recreate the issue in DWM
- Go back to the Log file and set isLoggingEnabled back to False.
- Provide the log file to Solver Support
Steps to Enable Logging in Version 4.6+
- Connect to the Data Warehouse Manager >Info >Settings
- Set the 'Data Warehouse - Write Log' to True.
- If you are experiencing a Connector issue, set Integration -Write Log to True
- Re create the issue or error.
- Copy the error log from C:\ProgramData\Solver BI360\Warehouse Console\BI360DWMLog.txt and send it to Solver Support.
- Go back into the Data Warehouse Manager and set the 'Data Warehouse - Write Log' back to False. If you don't do this then it will slow down the Data Warehouse Manager application because the log will always be running.
- Data Warehouse 4x