This article explores the Multi Company Load tool, its features and capabilities, and whether it is the right solution for you. Depending on your consolidation process, BI360 offers two consolidation options to consider: Multi Company Load and Data Warehouse Manager.
The Multi-Company Load (MCL)
The MCL tool allows an organization to consolidate its company databases into one database for consolidated reporting. The BI360 MCL tool does the following:
- Consolidates at the General Ledger level only.
- Actual and Budget data ONLY.
- Supports organizations with many company databases.
- Can be scheduled.
- Full load and incremental load options available depending on the ERP.
If you are looking for consolidations at the General Ledger level, then this is the tool for you. Some requirements that should contribute to your decision are:
- Consolidations cannot be made at the subledger level.
- Data within the MCL application is based on the last time the MCL was run, so it is not live.
- The MCL process can take some time. The MCL will write to tables and cause the table to be "Locked". This can lead to Reporting speed issues.
The Data Warehouse (DWM)
The DWM tool also allows an organization to consolidate its company databases into one database for consolidated reporting. The BI360 DWM tool does the following:
- Consolidations at the General Ledger and Subledger levels.
- New real time consolidation numbers via SSIS process.
- Easy handling of large data sets and organizations with a lot of company databases.
Plus, the Data Warehouse Manager allows for the consolidation of data from multiple data sources, currency translations, operational reporting, and much more.
Multi Company Load 4x