This article details how to configure users with minimal permissions in Planning.
Applying these permissions will reduce/restrict functionality within the Data Warehouse application
- First connect to the SSMS server and open the Security dropdown.
- Check that all users exist under the dropdown and if they don’t then add them.
- Check that the user(s) have ‘public’ checked under Server Roles
- db_datareader and public checked for the Repository
- db_datareader, db_datawriter, and public checked for all Data Warehouse databases the user(s) will be connecting to(under User Mapping),
- Click the ‘OK’ button.
- Grant Insert and Update permissions for the user(s) on the following tables of the Repository database
- Update permissions on table Users for the Repository database.
- Grant Execute permissions on tables GetDBVersion and GetPlanningRightsDetails for all Data Warehouse databases that the user(s) will be connected to.
The user(s) need to then log into Planning and connect to a Data Warehouse database. Once that has been done, remove Insert and Update permissions for the user(s) on tables LicenseValidation and Users for the Repository database.