This article details how to add a user to the Administration Tool and assign them to an application.
After completing the install, users do not immediately have access to the application and must be assigned to the application.
If a user opens the application before being assigned, they will get the following error message:
Report Publisher is not assigned to user: USERNAME
Please run the OneStop Reporting Administration Tool.
To assign the user to the application, follow these steps:
- Open the Admin Tool > Security Management > User Management.
- Search your domain on the left hand side for your user.
- NOTE: The search must contain the exact string typed in. If your name is John Smith and you only type in "John", it will not find your name. You can type in "John Smith" or "John*" (wildcard), this acts as a Like operator and will find all users with John in their name.
- Find the user you want to add and click the Add>> button in the middle of the screen.
- Click Apply in the bottom right hand corner.
- Next, return to the home screen and click Application Management. Click the checkbox for the product that the user should have access to.
- Close the application and reopen it to verify you can now use the application.
- NOTE: you have only assigned the application at this point. They must be assigned data access rights in Security Management > Access Management.